The Village of Hillside, in its mission to help senior citizens live an independent lifestyle, offers its residents a 50/50 taxicab reimbursement program. Unlike other village government bus or taxi programs that limit your travel to within the village limits, Hillside’s program allows you to travel anywhere in Chicago and the suburbs. To participate in the 50/50 Taxicab Program, here is all you need to do:
- Be a Hillside resident, 60 years and over
- Enroll in the program at the Hillside Village Hall, 425 N. Hillside Ave.; bring proof of age such as a driver’s license, state I.D. card, birth certificate, etc.
- Once enrolled, the Village will issue you a permanent taxicab I.D. card to purchase your 50/50 taxicab coupons. Coupons can only be purchased at the Village Hall during regular business hours.
- Coupons are sold in $10.00 booklets – you pay $5.00 and the Village of Hillside pays the remaining $5.00.
- American Taxi(847-255-9614) and Blue Cab(708-583-6900) are the only taxi cab companies that accept the 50/50 coupons.
- Coupons can pay for the entire fare, including the tip; or you can use the coupons for the fare and tip the driver in cash – the choice is yours.
- The coupon allows you to bring up to three friends of any age on your trip at no additional cost.
For more information about this innovative and exciting Taxicab Program, please call 708-449-6450.