Street Sweeping resumes this month and will begin the week of April 8th. The following sweep taking place will be the week of April 22rd. For the month of May, the sweeps will be the week of May 6th, May 13th, and May 20th. Please try to keep your car off the street during this time so we can effectively clean our streets.
Yard Waste pick-up began in April during the first week of the month and will be picked up on your regular garbage day! All “yard waste” (leaves, plant debris, grass clippings, twigs or small branches, etc.) must be placed in your “GREEN” yard waste cart. In addition you may also use your own 32 gallon container that will need to be labeled “Yard Waste Only” or a brown yard waste bag. Be sure to have your carts placed on the parkway or driveway apron the night before your scheduled pickup day. Please do not put carts in the street.
The week of March 4th starts the once a month branch pickup. Our Public Works Department documents each street, with the date and time it was completed so they will NOT return once they have completed a street. Branch pickup weeks are listed on the seasonal services page.
GUIDELINES FOR BRANCH PICK UP
- Place branches on the Parkway the Sunday before “Pick-Up Week” begins.
- Entire trees will NOT be removed. Residents must make arrangements with a hauling service to remove debris when cutting down a tree.
- Branch piles are NOT to exceed 8’ long by 5’ high by 5’ wide.
- Logs 5’ or more in diameter must be cut into lengths of 2’ or less, stacked and will be picked up separately.
- Bush roots must be removed and will be picked up separately.
PLEASE DO NOT MIX YARD WASTE WITH BRANCHES! Please call Public Works at (708) 202-3434 with any questions.
Mark your calendars for the week of May 13th through May 17th. On your regular garbage day, the week of May 13th, you will be able to place many of your unwanted items out for pick-up. Details will be in the May issue of the Hillside Happenings, so think Spring and get ready to clean out that basement, crawl space and attic.