Mayor Tamburino, the Village Clerk and the Village Board are offering an exciting grass cutting program for our qualifying seniors and disabled residents. For the rock bottom price of $10 you receive the following services:
- Grass cutting
- Line trimming areas only not accessible by mower
- Blowing of any loose clippings from driveway, sidewalks and patios
- Hauling away the grass clippings
The program DOES NOT include:
- Spring/Fall clean up
- Leaf removal
- Fertilization and weed control/aeration/power raking
The following requirements must be met to be eligible for the grass cutting program:
- A person must be 65 years or older, retired and live in a single residence home.
- No able-bodied or employed persons under 65 can reside in the household.
- For those applying due to a disability, you must include documentation, provided by your treating physician, of said disability.
To enroll in this program, please call 708-202-3434 and we will mail you an application form along with information as to where to mail or drop off your filled-out form. Along with your application you MUST show proof of age by including a copy of either your driver’s license, state I.D. or birth certificate.
The Village of Hillside will schedule your lawn cutting service. Each month the Village of Hillside will send out grass cutting service invoices; e.g. During the month of June, a senior citizen had their grass cut three times at $10 per cut, thus they will be receive an invoice for $30.
For additional information call the Public Works Department at 708-202-3434.