What’s Open in Phase 4?
- Gatherings: All gatherings of 50 people or fewer are allowed with this limit subject to change based on latest data & guidance
- Travel: Travel should follow IDPH and CDC approved guidance
- Health care: All health care providers are open
- Education and childcare: P-12 schools, higher education, all summer programs, and childcare open with IDPH approved safety guidance
- Outdoor recreation: All outdoor recreation allowed
- Manufacturing: All manufacturing open with IDPH approved safety guidance
- “Non-essential” businesses: All employees return to work with IDPH approved safety guidance; Employers are encouraged to provide accommodations for COVID-19-vulnerable employees
- Bars and restaurants: Open with capacity limits and IDPH approved safety guidance
- Personal care services and health clubs: All barbershops, salons, spas and health and fitness clubs open with capacity limits and IDPH approved safety guidance
- Entertainment: Cinema and theaters open with capacity limits and IDPH approved safety guidance
- Retail: Open with capacity limits and IDPH approved safety guidance
What Could Move Us Back to Phase 3?
IDPH will closely monitor data and receive on-the-ground feedback from local health departments and regional healthcare councils and will recommend moving back to the previous phase based on the following factors:
- Sustained rise in positivity rate
- Sustained increase in hospital admissions for COVID-19 like illness
- Reduction in hospital capacity threatening surge capabilities
- Significant outbreak in the region that threatens the health of the region
What Does Phase 5 Mean for Hillside?
Testing, tracing and treatment are widely available throughout the state. Either a vaccine is developed to prevent additional spread of COVID-19, a treatment option is readily available that ensures health care capacity is no longer a concern, or there are no new cases over a sustained period. Health care equity is made a priority to improve health outcomes and ensure vulnerable communities receive the quality care they deserve.
What’s Open in Phase 5?
- All sectors of the economy reopen with businesses, schools, and recreation resuming normal operations with new safety guidance and procedures.
- Conventions, festivals, and large events can take place.
Let’s Continue to Be Safe by Social Distancing, Avoiding Large Crowds, Wearing Face Masks and Washing Our Hands Frequently… Together, Let’s Return Hillside to a Brighter Future!